Labels

Monday 11 July 2011

Taking the plunge

Starting a blog is a pretty daunting prospect for me. I dip in and out of so many myself that there's this terrible worry that I could never be as witty as blog X or as stylish as blog Y or as generally "cool" as blog Z. There's the worry of will anyone read it, will anyone appreciate it if they do read it, how will I come accross?

But the idea has kept nagging at me. Every time I find something amazingly beautiful online I want to share it. There are so many people making inspiring objects or with inpsiring lives that I want to recognise. Plus I'd like to throw a few of my own ideas out there to bounce around and see what comes back.

So here I am, taking the plunge and making my first post. I've never been one to make a good habbit stick for long (as my many half-finished childhood diaries, the step trainer in my garage and the sorrowful collection of house plants on my windowsill will attest) so it's with the best of intentions that I promise to post regularly. I'll try to be as amusing and astute as possible if you'll promise to bear with my spelling and occasional irreverance.

I'll be posting under three main subjects:
Things I want: Those items made of pure want that but for budget, space or common sense would be mine in an instant!
Things I bought: I try to support cottage industries and crafters wherever possible so I'll be adding many an Etsy purchase in here and perhaps the odd fashion steal now and then
Things I've made: My alter ego is Chapeau Carmine, Milinnery and Burlesque accessories on Etsy so I'll be uploading new work and work in progress here as well as little crafty how-to's and a few recipes.

Wish me luck! And do please post a comment if anything you read moves you to do so. I do so love getting mail!

Red
x

No comments:

Post a Comment