Labels

Thursday 11 August 2011

Back it up

Dress shopping. It's a minefield.

I've been browsing the inter webs for most of the day today looking for the perfect dress for a tricky wedding situation. It's a pretty posh affair in a swanky London hotel so must be relatively smart, must be figure flattering as dearest Daddy will be there and he always manages to sneak some comment in about my waistline, and must be on a budget as all my spare pennies are going towards my own wedding. The sales are all down to tiny girl sizes, (Closet at Dorothy Perkins has some stonking dresses in their sale if you're a size 14 or below) my usual resources for more affordable fashion (namely Boohoo.com) all seem to be either too casual or cut way too far above the knee and I just can't justify shelling out over £50 at Fever no matter how perfectly cut their dresses are. It's all highly frustrating!

But I have found a little something to lift my mood as I continue to search. Seller LEKGALENG on Etsy has some really novel tops and dresses that I just had to share.

Pretty standard vest top from the front...

Party in the back!

Some of the designs are a little bright for my taste, especially the ones where te vest part is coloured rather than black, but I like the boldness and simplicity of the tattoo-inspired designs

These two will cost you will cost you around £21 a piece including delivery (from Thailand)

This one is more like £25 and they do dresses too...
Perhaps slightly risque on the bum clevage front this one, but I'm totally drawn to it. If I were a touch more rock, had a spare £27, and had boobies small enough to go without a bra I would totally buy this dress.

Then I'd probably immediately wonder where on earth I'd wear it. Certainly not to a swanky London wedding. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment